Applications for Bachelor's or Master's theses can be submitted at any time at .
In addition to a short letter of motivation, interested students should also indicate where their main research interests lie, in which working group(s) of our institute they would like to accomplish their work and a possible starting date.
Frommer-Nakamura group at Institute of Transformative Bio-Molecules (ITbM), Nagoya University (JAPAN) is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher as follows.
[Job title (number of position)]
Postdoctoral Researcher (one)
Cell biology, biochemistry and imaging
For more information about the position, please visit the following link :
Recruitment is open for a student helper position in group Phloem Development at the Institute of Molecular Physiology (Head: Wolf B. Frommer, Group leader: Jiyun Kim).
The successful candidate will be involved in the following tasks :
- General plant care (planting, watering, seed harvesting)
- Making media and solutions
- Plant DNA extraction, plasmid extraction, PCR
- BSc (or equivalent) in biology, agricultural sciences, biotechnology, molecular and cell biology, or related fields.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of plant biology is an advantage but not mandatory
- a highly dynamic and international environment within a top-level research lab
- flexible part-time position (8h/week) for 6 months
This position is available from mid-August.
Applicants matching the qualification profile please send their application letter, including a
short CV, to with the reference “student assistant”.
Detailed information on the scientific interests of the institute is found at www.molecular-physiology.hhu.de.
The Frommer lab has openings for Humboldt Research Fellows at the postdoc level through a fast track program since Wolf B Frommer has been selected as a Henriette Herz Scout.
Topic areas: Transport processes, biosensors, regulation of carbon allocation, electrical signaling, pathogen resistance, and more, check out our website.
The fellowship come with many benefits.
- Fellowship is €2,670 (postdocs) and €3,170 for experienced researchers plus bench fees
- Additional support for families
- Lifelong support as Humboldt Alumni with option for return fellowships
- HHU also offer various types of support through JUNO to help you with the move
Key Requirements are:
- Doctorate completed within the last 12 years
- Outstanding scientific record and potential
- (Above-average publication record, commensurate with career level)
Click on the dokumnt for more information.